Saturday, December 10, 2016

#10 Things of Thankful: December 10

 
Ten Things of Thankful
 
 
1. I've started a new blog and I'm taking part in "Ten Things of Thankful" again.
 
2. Emiko has made a beautiful Christmas wreath for me.
 
 
 
 
 
3. We are enjoying the stollen.  
 
 
 
 
4. I helped organize the Christmas party for the church school. which was held last Sunday. 
 
 
 
5. I'm thankful for the three ladies who made some pan cakes for the party. 
 
 
 
6. I've finished the English to Japanese translation assignment for Our Daily Bread Ministies and handed it in.
 
 
7. I'm thankful for this reminder.
 
 
image credit: Our Daily Bread
 
  -- "Set a guard over my mouth, Lord. Keep watch over the door of my lips."-- This is my daily prayer. (It seems to me that I should be saying this prayer ceaselessly.)
 
 
8. I deep cleaned the kitchen on Thursday.
 
 
9. I've crocheted a few Christmas ornaments with some leftover yarn.
 
 
 


10. I'm rereading Ole Hallesby's Prayer in Japanese. I'm deeply impressed with chapter 1.




 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Romi!!! You're much more ambitious than I am right now. Your projects are great things to be doing! I had surgery Monday so I'm working my way past that. Hugs and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to reconnect, Romi. I've missed your photos and your posts. I like that expression "deep cleaned the kitchen". I need to do that. The everyday wiping isn't enough. The scripture verse is very applicable to all of us. Our words can get us in so much trouble. Enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you at TToT-ville!
    Pancakes! (Can't remember the last time I've had them but your photo reminds why I loved them so much.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Romi, it's good to have you join in again! You don't strike me at all as a person who would need to bite her tongue, but that is a good scripture verse nevertheless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see you back here again! Stollen and pancakes - yum. YUM! Your crocheted goodies remind me so much of similar ones my great great aunt used to make...nice memories. Thank you.
    Your prayer is similar to one I often find myself needing to use - "Lord, guide my speaking." It's a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stollen looks delicious! That is great that you can translate from English to Japanese. The Psalm is such a good one to remember and follow. It seems that keeping the kitchen clean takes constant effort doesn't it. I like your little Christmas ornaments.

    ReplyDelete